BHAKTI MOVEMENT in India
COMING OF EUROPEANS
Factors behind coming of Europeans:
- European economy was growing rapidly reflected in the rise of towns and increase of trade and there was a steady demand for oriental goods.
- The earliest traces of human existence in India so far discovered is between 4,00,000 and 2,00,000 BC from Sohan valley (now in Pakistan) North – West Part of India
- Neolithic settlements in Indian subcontinent are not older than 4000 BC.
- Wheat and barley were the first cereals grown by Indians.
- The name India was derived from the rivername Sindhu which is also known as Indus.